Monday, September 23, 2013

First Post- What Am I Doing Here?

Over the past year or two, I've fallen head over heels...

...for the sport of Triathlon.

As a long-time competitive runner, fitness and health nut, and general Type-A overachiever, it makes some sense. But, if you ask me 2 years ago if I'd be swimming in jellyfish-infested waters for fun or pondering how to pee on my bike mid-race, I'd think you were completely insane! Fast-forward to today, and triathlon is now a HUGE part of my life personally and professionally. 

The great big Triathlon internet land has been such a tremendous resource for me- from race reports, to inspirational blogs and pros, to gear reviews, Facebook chatter with my PHPI teammates, etc... Now I feel like it's time for me to give back and share. So, not sure where this blog will go, but I'm hoping to recap races, document training (with my awesome coach Scott Padgett of PHPI Endurance Coaching), adventures with my triathlon team PHPI Racing, franchise development news related to my efforts as Development Director for Endurance House- the coolest triathlon retailer around, and hopefully to share some of my favorite gear, products and recipes. Oh- and now that we're a two triathlete household, maybe my husband will even add a race report or two!

Speaking of my husband, we both found a "Finding Nemo" mantra that had a significant impact on our race performances this weekend- that's what happens when you have a 2.5 year old Nemo-obsessed daughter! So, I'll end this first post with these wise words from the immortal Dory:

Just Keep Swimming,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment